My Foundation Collection 2015


I've finally purchased my Make Up Forever HD foundation so I think it's only right that I do a foundation collection post.

I'll give a mini review of each of these products and tell you what skin type I think it is appropriate for.






1. Lancome Teint Idole Ultra 24hr Foundation 
I absolutely love, love, love this foundation. This is my go to foundation whenever I decide to wear make up. As I have already done an entire post dedicated to this foundation, I won't go into too much detail. It has a nice finish but its essential to prime as you will get a nicer finish and longer staying power.



2. Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation
Like the Lancome foundation I absolutely love how this foundation makes my skin look. I would say that the shade I was matched with is a little bit on the red side but it's not so red that its not blendable. It gives a nice glow to the skin but again you definitely need to prime before using this to increase the longevity of the product. It has a quite watery consistency compared to the other foundations I own but I still use 2 pumps to do my whole face.



3. MAC Pro Longwear Foundation
When I first purchased this product, I quite liked it. I think this is because I was quite new to make up then and didn't really know much about what products were right for me. Now that I have gained more knowledge related to make up I completely despise this foundation. It's really cakey, drying and it has a very orange undertone. Although I would recommend this for oily skin, I personally don't like it.



4. MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation
I definitely think this foundation is for dry skin. It makes me really oily but this may be due to the fact that I used it during the summer months last year. It does oxidise so I would recommend maybe getting it in a shade lighter. It has a weird consistency, almost like a liquid mouse but it is quite watery.



5. Sleek Beauty Blemish Balm
This product is more of BB cream than a foundation but I would once again say this is a product for people with dry skin or to be used in the winter if you have oily skin. The only downside to this product is that there only three shades so if you're between shades you'd have to buy two shades and mix them. The dark shade is a little too dark for me and the medium shade is a little too light for me. But I do like this product as a little goes a long way especially on days when I want a little bit of coverage. I have it in the dark shade so I tend to use it during the summer months but I wouldn't recommend using it on days when you're going to be taking a lot of pictures as the SPF in it makes the skin look dull and a little bit grey.



6. Make Up Forever HD Foundation
I've been so desperate to get my hands on this foundation as I had heard so many good things about it and truth be told I am FAR from disappointed! I absolutely love this foundation. It blurs your imperfection and looks like a fresh new layer of skin. Its very lightweight and matches my skin tone perfectly. I have nothing negative to say about this foundation. It can be used by all skin types but people with oily skin may need to prime a little to increase the longevity of the product.

The last foundation I have recently purchased and haven't had a chance to try out but I will definitely review it in an updated foundation collection or I'll review it separately once I've tried it. Hopefully by then, I'll own all the foundations I want.


Mary Kay Timewise Matte Foundation


Love,

Ohemaa Renelle 
x

Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Lovin'

Follow

-

Hi, I'm Renelle

Hi, I'm Renelle

About me

Hi, I’m Renelle. I’m a 21 year old beauty, lifestyle and fashion blogger living in England. Join me as I share my experiences, favourites, fashion, beauty, lifestyle and more.

Enquiries: renellenjohnson@gmail.com

Instagram

Powered by Blogger.