Love Languages | Thoughtful Thursdays






This is probably one of the best things I've discovered and it has definitely allowed me to accept people better.
Gary Chapman, wrote a book in 1995 which talked about the 5 love languages and how to express commitment to your mates.
The five love languages apply to all types of relationships - family relationships, friendships and personal relationships.
I didn't read the book but I read an article which talked about the five love languages and explains how we should encompass others' love languages

1. Words of Affirmation - expressing affection through spoken affection, praise or appreciation
2. Acts of Service - actions rather than words, are used to show and receive love
3. Receiving Gifts - gifting is symbolic of love and affection
4. Quality Time - expressing affection with undivided, undistracted attention
5. Physical Touch - hugs, high fives, kisses (real or air ones)

Finding out your own love language and the love languages of those around you helps you to understand the people around us.
I know for a fact that my love language is Words of Affirmation and I confirmed it by doing a love language quiz just to double check.

Stumbling across this article has helped me recently to accept a lot of people for who they are by understanding their love languages.
My mum's love language is physical touch, she loves hugging me, rubbing my back when I'm not in the greatest of moods and high living me when we do things together and get a good result.

Finding out the love languages of the people around us especially when we're in personal relationships helps us to avoid some of the disagreements that we encounter in relationships because we understand what that person needs and therefore can accommodate this for the comfort of the two involved.

If you'd like to find out your love language, you can take the quiz on the official 5 love languages website or on an external website:


Love,

Ohemaa Renelle
x

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/14812959/?claim=n4wnbww3xhx">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Lovin'

Follow

-

Hi, I'm Renelle

Hi, I'm Renelle

About me

Hi, I’m Renelle. I’m a 21 year old beauty, lifestyle and fashion blogger living in England. Join me as I share my experiences, favourites, fashion, beauty, lifestyle and more.

Enquiries: renellenjohnson@gmail.com

Instagram

Powered by Blogger.