I WEAR MAKE UP TO PLEASE PEOPLE?!?! | Make Up Rant

"You wear make up to please people", "You wear make up because you're insecure", "You wear make up to mask who you really are", "You wear make up because you're not pretty"

I cannot tell you just how often I hear these kind of remarks, and to be frank, I think they are very ignorant statements. Why must the reason I wear make up be to please someone else?

Most people wear make up because they enjoy enhancing their beauty, others wear make up to gain confidence as they may have skin conditions which make them feel insecure and some simply wear make up just as a bit of fun.
Whatever reason people decide to wear make up for,  really shouldn't be anyone else's concern.

Being natural is a choice, the same way deciding to wear make up is a choice. I wear make up because I enjoy it, not because I don't like how I look when I'm bare faced. I tend to only wear make up once a week or on special occasions, that's my personal preference.
I'm so fed up of people judging others for wearing make up or trying to construct their own analogy as to why someone is wearing make up.

I don't think it's fair to make anyone feel bad about themselves or to belittle someone because they decide to wear make up.

This is a long overdue rant that I really needed to get out. Let me know your thoughts on this...


Love,

Ohemaa Renelle 
x
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Lovin'

Follow

-

Hi, I'm Renelle

Hi, I'm Renelle

About me

Hi, I’m Renelle. I’m a 21 year old beauty, lifestyle and fashion blogger living in England. Join me as I share my experiences, favourites, fashion, beauty, lifestyle and more.

Enquiries: renellenjohnson@gmail.com

Instagram

Powered by Blogger.