My Current Hair Care Routine/Regimen


I know most people have either big chopped or started the process of going natural. Unfortunately for me, although I was blessed with super thick hair, going natural just simply isn't an option for me because I'll find it too difficult to manage.



On the rare occasions when my natural hair is out (i.e not in weave or braids) I like to do my best to take care of my hair and to maintain full, healthy hair.
I must admit though, my hair hasn't always been the healthiest but I have learnt from my rather disastrous hair experiences what does and doesn't work for my hair.

I don't follow the traditional "You should get your hair relaxed every 6-8 weeks." I generally relax my hair 2-3 times a year, this is because it's never out and I don't see the point in relaxing my hair if I'm not going to leave it out.

I use Vitale Princess by Nature hair relaxer. Even though this is a children's relaxer, I find that it relaxes my rather coarse very nicely.



I wash my hair every two weeks and co-wash/deep condition it every other week.
To co-wash/deep condition my hair, I use my conditioner - TRESemme Remoisturise conditioner mixed with olive oil and 2 drops of castor oil. This mixture really does help to moisturise my hair and leave it feeling and looking softer.


I wash my hair using the TRESemme Deep Cleansing shampoo followed by the same conditioner I use when co-washing my hair.


I then towel dry my hair after rinsing out the product and apply Dark n Lovely leave-in conditioner and spray Argan oil heat protector all over my hair, making sure that I get the product on my ends before blow drying it.



Once my hair is dry, I section it off and do large twist braids all over my head. I spray my scalp with Sulfur 8 Dandruff treatment then I apply Creme of Nature argan oil lotion to my scalp where I've created a parting followed by Argan oil.

To make sure I seal in the moisture to ends of my hair, I apply the lotion to ends of my twists and then seal my ends with Argan oil.

I then cover my hair using satin scarf, I usually keep my hair like this overnight.

Love,

Ohemaa Renelle 
x
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Lovin'

Follow

-

Hi, I'm Renelle

Hi, I'm Renelle

About me

Hi, I’m Renelle. I’m a 21 year old beauty, lifestyle and fashion blogger living in England. Join me as I share my experiences, favourites, fashion, beauty, lifestyle and more.

Enquiries: renellenjohnson@gmail.com

Instagram

Powered by Blogger.