Why I Don't Like Drugstore Make-Up | Make Up Rant

You might look at the title of this post and think what is she talking about, when she owns drugstore make up?!

It's not so much that I don't like drugstore make up but more I feel like it is very limited when it comes to foundations and concealers..
I'm not sure if it's just in the UK but most drugstore brands only go up to the shade medium which is really annoying.

I would love to be able to try out drugstore foundations such as Rimmel Wake Me Up or Bourjois but they simply don't cater to people of darker complexions. I know brands such as L'Oreal have darker shades in their True Match and Infallible foundations but they are not sold in UK drugstores which is all the more annoying because you have to search for it online and pay ridiculous shipping fees when the whole point of drugstore make up is its supposed to be affordable.

Maybelline have darker shades in their Dream Matte Mouse and Fit Me foundations but it's hard to find darker shades and the darkest shade in the dream matte mouse still doesn't cater to most people of darker complexions.

There are only two drugstore foundations that have a full range from light to dark foundations these are Sleek and B. Sleek is easily accessible at superdrug and their range of shades are vast, however finding the darker shades in the B. Foundation is proving to be quite a challenge as I have been to many superdrug stores on more than one occasion but still have not been able to get my shade.

I would love to go into a drugstore and be able to try some of the foundations I see Tanya Burr, Zoella and Estée using in their make up tutorials but at present that just isn't possible.

I know that there are some great foundations in the drugstore and I'd love to try them out as I don't want to constantly spend on high end foundations and concealers.


Love,

Ohemaa Renelle
x
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Lovin'

Follow

-

Hi, I'm Renelle

Hi, I'm Renelle

About me

Hi, I’m Renelle. I’m a 21 year old beauty, lifestyle and fashion blogger living in England. Join me as I share my experiences, favourites, fashion, beauty, lifestyle and more.

Enquiries: renellenjohnson@gmail.com

Instagram

Powered by Blogger.