Know Who You Are / Know Your Worth | Thoughtful Thursdays

So once again we've come to a topic so dear to my heart
In fact, whilst writing this I'm a little bit teary eyed
Initially when I thought of this post, it was aimed at females but I realise that it applies to both males and females.
1. Don't change to impress any guy or girl
I feel like in our generation this is a very big problem that many of us encounter at one stage or another. I cannot stress enough that there will one day be that guy or girl that likes and eventually loves you for the real you.
So many times we try to change who we are in order to keep the person we like happy or to try and get their attention. I can't lie, this is something I used to do and still find myself doing sometimes.
2. Don't try and change to fit in with your boys
This is something that I don't think can happen straight away and requires gradual development. So many times, I see guys forcing to be like the guy who sleeps with lots of girls or the guy that makes the most money in that group. There is nothing wrong with being who you are! Be content with what you have.
3. Don't let 'friends' hold you back
This is one that really gets to me. Especially at university, everyone will try and be your friend and you won't really see their true colours until a situation occurs. If you can see that someone you call a friend is not behaving in that way, I'm not saying cut them off but be smart with the actions you take around them. It's really not about who you've known the longest anymore because the person you've known the longest could be the person that stabs you in the back the hardest.
4. Don't let words speak louder than actions
This is something I know a lot of females find difficult. If you're anything like me, you'll be easily swayed by the words of a guy and even if he's treating you like you're a side chick, you'll ignore his actions and listen to words. Ladies, this is dangerous, you are so much better than this. This is something I am still trying to deal with and I'm thankful that I'm getting better at dealing with these situations. 

These are just a few things that I could think of when this title came to mind.
The long and short of this post is that, you don't need to change who you are for anyone else but yourself and you don't need to do what everyone else is doing to fit in. 
You are worth more than money can buy and being the best version of you is the only thing you should be!

Love,

Ohemaa Renelle
x
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Lovin'

Follow

-

Hi, I'm Renelle

Hi, I'm Renelle

About me

Hi, I’m Renelle. I’m a 21 year old beauty, lifestyle and fashion blogger living in England. Join me as I share my experiences, favourites, fashion, beauty, lifestyle and more.

Enquiries: renellenjohnson@gmail.com

Instagram

Powered by Blogger.