How I Clean My Make Up Brushes | Make Up Tutorial


I absolutely dread washing my brushes and miracle sponge, I think it's the most tedious job ever but it has to be done.

I'm very much a believer in using products I already have at home rather than going out and buying something.
I think of my brushes as if the were my hair, if my hair is due to be washed, I don't feel good and i know my hair doesn't look good. Its the same with my bushes, if they are dirty the don't give me the best results and there for make up doesn't look as good as it should.

You will need:


  • Extra Virgin Olive Oil
  • Hair Shampoo, I use tresemme
  • Kitchen towel


I mix a drop of olive oil with a pea sized amount of shampoo in my hand, then I swirl my brush in that mixture. I keep repeating this until the shampoo doesn't change colour anymore. It's important not to use too much oil as it will make the bristles greasy.




I rinse the oil and shampoo mixture out of the bristles using lukewarm water, I swirl the brush in the kitchen towel to make sure theres no product left in the bristles. If there is, I rinse it again.



I then leave them to dry by propping them against a wall, facing downwards so that all the water can drain.

Once they've dried, I put them back in the container where I store my brushes.

Love,

Ohemaa Renelle
x
Share

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Lovin'

Follow

-

Hi, I'm Renelle

Hi, I'm Renelle

About me

Hi, I’m Renelle. I’m a 21 year old beauty, lifestyle and fashion blogger living in England. Join me as I share my experiences, favourites, fashion, beauty, lifestyle and more.

Enquiries: renellenjohnson@gmail.com

Instagram

Powered by Blogger.